FOOTBALL!
Had the pleasure of attending the Coug football game in Seattle this weekend. Even if my boys forgot how to play the first half it was still a grand time. I was very surprised at how few people I ran into that I knew in school. Ah well. Was able to catch up with one friend that has moved to the area so that was and will be nice to reminisce. She also has season tickets and offered up a game of my choosing in Pullman. :) So I am working on those arrangements. It will be fun to go back to my college town and see all the changes. And eat at all the good food places and see if they are still tasty.
Sunday it was also nice that the Hawks claimed their first season victory! Yeah!
Ate so much tasty food this weekend I think I strained my stomach into thinking that is the quantity it should have all the time. Oops. The pear-almond tart at Maximilien's was absolutely divine. Tried to go back for a second night but arrived after closing. :( Now it is all I can think about! Decided I should attempt huckleberry creme brulee with my huckleberries I got in E. Wa and froze. Seems my weekends keep filling up though so finding the time to make, share and eat is proving difficult.
Explored a local park again that has a walkway suspended over some train tracks. Even though I knew I was safe it was seriously freaky when I stood on it and watched/felt the train zip by underneath. I now have a healthy respect for stunt people that do all the on top of the train scenes in movies. However, I still think they are crazy.
Have some get out of town trips upcoming in the next month or so and am really looking forward to them. Long weekends aren't the same as a long stretch vacation so I think I will have to focus on that once I am in town for a while and can plan better. Still voting for watching Carmen at La Scala in Italy. We'll see.
Think I'm coming down with a cold and would love to have unlimited sick time to take care of it. This year's flu season will be interesting...
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment