Sunday, November 01, 2009

New York and Boston and Halloween - Oh My!

First up, New York, New York!
Went to visit some of Jason's old haunts and to eat as many delicious treats as possible while catching Broadway shows and sightseeing. Phew! Whirlwind trip but we managed to do a lot in our short time there.

The Schedule

Thurs:
- New Yorker Hotel. Excellent location for all of our purposes.
- Anonymous pizza joint for a slice on the way to "God of Carnage". Tasty but I was disturbed with the mozzarella as it looked like a sheet of white plastic.
- The show was awesome! Totally hilarious and recommended.
- Keen's Steak House for the last lobster in the tank - 5lbs! First taste of bananas foster. Mmmm. Will have to try to make that at home.

Fri:
- Barney Greengrass for AMAZING cured salmon & whitefish on fresh bagels with fresh squeezed o.j. I am still dreaming of this when I sleep.
- Art fix at the Guggenheim with Kandinsky. I prefer his early and late works.
- Lunch tasting menu at Bouley. One of the best meals every. Hands down the best service I have ever received in a restaurant. Chef thinks very highly of himself.
- Little Branch (which is the little sister of Milk & Honey) for a quick drink before "Our Town".
- Show was very well done but the interpretation was not my cup of tea.
- Po for some Italian after "Our Town".

Sat:
- Barney Greengrass again for an o.j. to go and salmon present for baby Evan's mom & pop.
- Central Park (or at least one corner of it) tour. Here we are during a rain break (yeah)!

- Stopped in at Tavern on the Green but they were kind of snooty and wouldn't let us sit in the pretty conservatory so we left for a better venue - Chinatown!
- Vanessa's Dumpling House provided for some seriously cheap eats. Mmm, fried dumplings. Stuffed us both for $6.50 grand total.
- Bolt Bus takes me to Boston (nice ride - leg room people! - and crazy cheap seats) where I find this adorable family!
Sun:
- Wilson Farms was a real treat to visit and buy groceries. In my dream world this is down the street from me in Seattle.
- Walden Pond was looking quite magnificent in its autumn finery. Many pictures were taken of leaves.
- Pumpkin carving party! Yeah! Lots of treats and happy jack-o-lanterns. On the way, our GPS took us to some of the shadier areas of Boston, or so I am told.

Mon:
- And Holly slept. All that eating and touristy stuff takes a toll you know!
- Roused myself only to read my book and cook up some treats of my own for a thank you dinner.

Tue:
- Longest day ever. Said goodbye and took an hour drive to the bus station. Twiddle thumbs for an hour. Hopped on the Bolt yet again for 4 1/2 hours back up to NY. Followed by a hot fudge sundae at Keen's. Mmm, chocolate. 1 hour taxi to airport, twiddle thumbs for an hour, 5 1/2 hour flight home. 1/2 hour taxi home. Crash.

And so wenteth the NY/Boston trip. Loads of fun and I can't wait for a repeat, just not anytime soon. Need to recupe!

If you are still reading then here is how the rest of the week went:

OMG we're being audited at work and they actually want something from me! Eek!
Ack! Organize people/food/money/prizes for the work Halloween party!
D'oh! Need to carve a pumpkin and decorate my cubicle for the contest!
Set-up, enjoy, take down party.
Go to bed, wake up and set-up, enjoy, take down my own Halloween party.
Sleeeeeeep. Zzzz. Zzzzzzzz.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Parking tickets are lame. Especially since I wouldn't have received one if Kara's letter carrier wasn't mean spirited. Grrr.

On the plus side, I have a new toy. Got me one of them new-fangled ipod nano player things. Is cool. Took my very first video today of Miss Kara's lovely show girl weiner dog, Biscuit. Makes me laugh every time she does this one dance so I had to share it with the world. Currently, it is on Facebook. I'm too lazy to spam the world just now so Facebook will have to do. tee hee!

And now I sleep again. A little worried that I can't remember at all what I was working on last week when I left. So Monday could be a nice and slow catch-up or a mad dash free-for-all of testing. I vote number 1. Number 1 I tell you! Please oh please let it be number 1. Number 2 is more likely. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely, lovely, tis fun to be adventurous and go with the flow. :-)